Monday, October 20, 2008

My House on the Farm

This is my house:


I live on the second floor - the landlord has an office on the first floor, but he is rarely there. The house is in a group of houses that all share one driveway and a really nice party / bbq area. It feels like a camp, or a rustic resort. One of the things that I love about Chiang Mai is how quickly it changes from city to country. I'm only 2 miles out of the center, but it is literally like the country, or even like the jungle. When I ride my bike at night I can hear the woods teeming with life. There are cows, dogs, chickens, exotic birds, lizards, and every kind of bug large and small.



I set up a little studio here - it is still unclear whether I'll have a space at the University. I have also been painting out on the balcony.



This is the party area with Kitti, who I met at Vermont Studio Center in 2003, his wife Maew, and my landlord. I took this photo when I first went to see the house. This complex is where James and Gaby lived when they lived in Chiang Mai.


More photos here.

No comments: